1931 Ruxton Sedan
Chassis #10C104 | Engine #185-1102
Engine: Continentai18S Straight-8 cylinders; 100 h.p.
Transmission: 3-speed manual, front-wheel drive
Odometer: 70 miles since restoration
- Meticulous concours restoration completed in 2009.
- All original components.
- 1 of 8 known Ruxton sedans; 1 of 19 total Ruxtons in existence; wonderful story behind the marque.
- This car was invited and shown at the 2009 Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance.
- The car will be an invited entrant again to the 2014 Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance if Ruxton is a Featured Marque as expected.
- All original, unique front-wheel drive technology. sInterior upholstery is the genuine elegant Schumacher fabric used by Ruxton in 1931.
- This is the only Ruxton sedan in existence with this unique 3-color paint design.
- The design was researched and exactly copied from B&W photos of a new sedan in a showroom.
- The color choices reflect the flamboyance of the Ruxton. sThis is arguably the most stylish and striking classic era sedan ever produced.
- Note that the top was originally raked 2-inches from front to backsimilar to modern hot-rods.
- Front wheel drive allowed lower chassis and no need for running boards.
- Outstanding set of Wood light headlights and fender lights.
- Assured invitation to any Concours.